Customizing HD View SL

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2008 at 6:37 PM

If you have any questions or comments on customizing HD View SL, please post them here!  We would also love to see your customized examples, so don't hesitate to include a link to your site.

To get started, follow these steps:

1. Click on the "Source Code" tab above.
  2. Click on the first "Download" link.
  3. Accept the terms.
  4. Save the ZIP file on disk.
  5. Extract all files from the ZIP file.
  6. Open the solution in Expression Blend 2 SP1 or Visual Studio 2008 SP1.
  7. Make any desired changes to the user interface or the code.
  8. Test things out.  Make sure HDViewSLWeb is set as the startup project and Examples.html is set as the startup page when debugging.
  9. Copy HDViewSL.xap from the HDViewSLWeb directory to the directory containing your web page.
Jan 21, 2009 at 4:31 AM
Hey, awesome code. I don't think many people really get what you have done here.
I'm going to look at extracting a basic example of what you have a done to make a really simple HScrollMSI, just the Horitontal panning, try to mimic a normal MSI as much as possible.
For me it going to be useful to evaluate for the DeepEarth project but if it works I'll post back info here.
John.
May 13, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Hey, awsome stuff.

One question though. How well designed is this code to allow for an implementation of an anchored area feature (an area of the shown pic that could be cliked to open a new URL...and/or change the pic), please?

TIA,

a SL n00b...but would like to get into it by looking at your project and maybe adding that feature.